1kg Helix Aspersa Muller gastronomy snails
The Sicilian company Lumaca Baiata breeds snails of the Helix Aspersa Muller species.
The Helix Aspersa Muller has a great reproductive capacity and develops quickly. It is able to adapt well to different environments and has nutritional properties for the environment in which it lives and for humans.
It does not transmit any disease but is rather able to metabolize it. Many types of animal meat contain bacteria, some harmful to humans.
The Helix Aspersa Muller, on the other hand, contains ten times less bacteria than other farm animals. It also boasts a very high nutritional value! So much so that snail meat contains an average of 13% of proteins of high biological value and a modest intake of fats (1.7%). Its nutritional value is therefore very valid.
It is perhaps true that breeding with feed and in an intensive cycle speeds up growth and profits, but the consistency and taste are absolutely modified. For this reason, we at the Snail Baiata breed snails of helix aspersa breed, exclusively with a slow and natural biological cycle, and with only vegetables ... the product will be of high quality, therefore not only will not lose excessive weight in cooking but the flavor and the nutrients will remain of excellent level.
1) Taste. Once cooked, the meats are tender and delicate. Extremely versatile, they go well with different ingredients: from the classic butter, parsley and garlic to more elaborate sauces. They are excellent in stew and tempura.
2) Health. The meats are lean, rich in proteins and hardly contain traces of drugs. They are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, useful to fight bad cholesterol (LDL) and low in saturated fats. Excellent source of vitamin B12, they contain more than red meats.
3) Environment. Snail farms do not produce waste or polluting emissions: the contribution to the greenhouse effect is very low, as is the environmental impact. They can be fed with vegetable waste, have a beneficial effect on soil and natural ecosystems.
4) Tradition. The first trace of how much they were appreciated in the past dates back to the Roman Empire with Apicius' De Re Coquinaria. Snail-based dishes are present in the volumes on which our gastronomic culture is based, such as "The science in the kitchen and the art of eating well" by Pellegrino Artusi, "The art of using the leftovers from the canteen" by Olindo Guerrini or " The silver spoon "and every Italian region has at least one plate of snails.
5) Future. Snails are the best answer to the growing world demand for cheap animal proteins, easy to produce and with the least possible environmental impact. There are plenty of good reasons to give snails a chance, as well as producers scattered throughout the territory and the offer of ready-to-eat snails. The best reason will be given by the best Italian chefs who most love this product and who we went to look for along the whole peninsula. In the coming weeks, their dishes of the future ... Of course, with snails. #EatMoreSnails
At the same weight, the Helix Aspersa Muller snail contains three times less calories than chicken and almost four calories of beef. It is also low in fat. Even the sole contains a higher percentage of fat. Since its shell is very light, the pure weight of its meat corresponds to about 65% of its total weight. This peculiarity makes it unique, as other types of snail, having a heavier shell, once purged they lose most of the original weight, all to the detriment of those who buy.
This type of snail manages to stay fresh for more than two months. The Helix Aspersa Muller breed is one of the most sought after snails in the culinary field, it lends itself well to recipes of all kinds, in addition, its burr has excellent properties that can be used in terms of cosmetics. Generally its weight is around 8 - 12 grams.
Our breeding is organic, consequently all the foods that we feed them or that we grow directly in the Snails territory is strictly organic. We therefore guarantee that our organic snails are of the highest quality and authenticity in every use.
Be the first to ask a question about this product!